Camping and trail-riding season is in full swing. Before you head out on your next adventure it’s important to take inventory and stock up on emergency supplies. Whether you’re a seasoned driver/rider or just getting started, you’re bound to run into a hiccup or two.
During countless rides and mountain treks, our equine companions have sustained cuts from branches, received proper gashes from tussles with other horses and have scattered horseshoes along the trail (ask us about broken wagon poles). Along the way, horse’s leads have “jumped” off wagons through rough terrain or snapped at the tie-up. When working with horses you know to expect the unexpected.
Alberta Carriage Supply is here to help!
We’re here to help you get trail-ready with emergency kits and spare items to make sure that you’re prepared. Stock up at Alberta Carriage Supply with a Wound and Trauma Bandage Pack or Emergency Trauma Kit, back-up halters and leads, and even spare shoes and tools so you can hit the trails with the confidence that you’re ready for whatever the great outdoors might throw your way.
These items are available for sale at Alberta Carriage Supply:
Wound and Trauma Bandage Pack
For basic emergency essentials this pack is suitable for use on horses, dogs, and in a pinch, humans. Our Wound and Trauma Bandage Pack contains:
- 1 Sterile Trauma Dressing Large
- 1 Sterile Wound Dressing Non-Adherent Pad
- 2 packets of Sterile Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- Povidone Iodine Swab Sticks
- 1 bundle of Gauze Sponge Pads
- 2 rolls of Conforming Stretch Gauze
- For difficult to wrap areas, 1 roll of SafeWrapTM Self-Adherent Easy Tear Compression Wrap
- 1 ElastoWrapTM Conforming Easy Tear Stretch Tape designed not to pull out hair when removing after use
- 1 pair of Nitrile Examination Gloves
At $29.95, you should always have one of these at the ready.
Emergency Trauma Kit
For ultimate preparedness, take along an Emergency Trauma Kit. This kit contains all the essentials of the Wound and Trauma Bandage Pack, plus:
- 1 Sterile Disposable Skin Stapler 35R and Staple Remover
- 1 Sterile Liquid Skin Adhesive Stitches (3g bottle, 4 applicators)
- 1 Saline Wound Wash Spray
- 1 pair of Operating Scissors
- 1 Thermometer with cord and clip
Only $155. Put your mind at ease knowing you’re prepared for the worst (but hoping for the best!)
Halters and Leads
Who hasn’t lost or broken a halter or a lead somewhere along the way? Whether it’s happened to you before or not, it’s always good to keep a back-up, just in case.
- Rope Halters
- Light horse starting at $36.95
- Draft horse starting at $56.95
- Lead Shanks starting from $19.95
Horseshoes and tools
For those in-a-pinch, do-it-yourself ferrier emergencies, it’s good to have a spare pair of horseshoes (fronts and hinds!) and nails to get the job done while on the trail so you can keep going. Or at least to make it back to the trailer! You’ll want to bring along the following ferrier basics:
- Horseshoes – starting at $9.95/pair (prices may vary based on size)
- Shoeing nails- starting at $19.95 per box
- Driving Hammer
Now that you’re prepared for the unexpected, you can happily go and enjoy the great outdoors.
SHOP THE ACS STORE FOR THESE SELECT ITEMS