Come learn the basics to put your horses to work
Do you wish you could feel more in control when you’re driving your horses? Or do you feel a bit timid when harnessing them? We can help you.
Back by popular demand! We’re offering our Basic Horse Driving Clinic on Saturday, May 7th.
This is a basic driving clinic, giving you hands-on experience in how to safely harness and drive your horse (or horses) so both of you are safe and comfortable.
We provide the horses. Although some students may have their own horses, for the clinic, we’ll be using our own.
The skills we cover:
- How to harness and hook up singles and team
- How to drive singles and team
- Principles on driving safety
- How to hook to carriage and wagon
The not-so-fine details:
- The clinic takes place Saturday, May 7th. Doors open at 8 a.m. and the clinic starts at 9 a.m.
- The location is at the Alberta Carriage Supply shop, east of Calgary Range Road 271 and Highway 9 (Google map link will be provided once attendance is confirmed)
- We provide the horses. Although some students may have their own horses, for the clinic, we’ll be using our own
- The cost is $199 +GST for the full-day of instruction and lunch
- First come, first served until we reach capacity
These courses are in demand and we usually sell out. This year, due to COVID restrictions, space is even more limited, so contact us today for more information or to register.